Whether we’ve built your website or you have an existing website, we want you to be confident to run it and make all the changes and updates you need to. Which is why we offer WordPress and SEO training to all our clients.
It doesn’t matter if you have no knowledge and need to start from the beginning or have some knowledge and just need to fill in the blanks, we tailor our training specifically to you. It’s not a one size fits all scenario; we teach as we go.
WordPress Training Melbourne
WordPress is the main website content management system we use. There are lots of others out there, but this is the one that gives us the most flexibility in terms of customisation. We can edit a lot more of its components so we can give you exactly what you want visually but it’s still easy for you to use.
We can teach the basics:
And the more advanced stuff:
- Design customisation
- Online Stores
We’ll train you in whatever aspects of wordpress you need to know to run your business and get the most out of your website.
Search Engine Optimisation is used to help increase the traffic on your website with organic searches coming from the right people.
There are several different elements of SEO we use to do this:
- Keyword research
- Content writing
- Meta content
- Link building
- Internal structure
It doesn’t matter if you are just starting out with your first website, we can help you learn the basics to get you going. We can work with you to understand what it is you want to rank for, who you want to be visiting your site and how you can get them there. And how to do this with any future content you add.
If you already have a website, we can evaluate your current SEO and see what improvements we can make to help you climb the ranks and get more visitors – the right visitors of course. It’d be no good getting a million hits a day from people who aren’t interested in your content.
Similar to our website building packages, everything we do is tailored to you and your business needs. Our focus is to work one-on-one with each of our clients – it’s our favourite part of our job – our focus is for you to walk away excited, knowledgeable and to keep your website up to date and serving your business.
What Is SEO?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is a number of rules aimed at improving a website’s visibility and ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs). The main objective of SEO is to increase organic (non-paid) traffic to a website from search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Some key aspects of SEO include:
SEO begins with keyword research, which involves identifying the specific words and phrases that people use when searching for information related to your website’s content or products.
This involves optimizing various elements on your website’s pages, including title tags, meta descriptions, headers, and content, to make them more relevant to the chosen keywords.
High-quality and relevant content is crucial for SEO success. Creating informative, engaging, and valuable content that addresses the needs and interests of your target audience can improve your website’s authority and ranking.
This aspect focuses on the technical elements of your website, such as site speed, mobile-friendliness, and the structure of your URLs. Ensuring that your website is accessible and user-friendly is essential for SEO.
Acquiring high-quality backlinks (links from other reputable websites to your site) is an important part of SEO. These links can improve your website’s authority and credibility in the eyes of search engines.
User Experience (UX)
Providing a positive user experience is not only important for website visitors but also for SEO. Search engines consider factors like bounce rate (how quickly people leave your site) and the time users spend on your site when determining rankings.
If you have a physical location or serve a specific geographic area, optimizing for local search is vital. This includes creating and optimizing your Google My Business listing and ensuring your NAP (Name, Address, Phone number) information is consistent across the web.
Analytics and Monitoring
Regularly monitoring your website’s performance using tools like Google Analytics can help you track the effectiveness of your SEO efforts. This guides you to what adjustments and improvements you need to make.
All search engines regularly update their algorithms, and this can make a huge impact your website’s ranking. Staying on top of these updates and regularly adjusting your SEO strategy is crucial to having a great ranking!
What IS White Hat & Black Hat SEO?
It’s important to note that there are ethical (white hat) and unethical (black hat) SEO practices. White hat SEO focuses on legitimate, long-term strategies that align with search engine guidelines, while black hat SEO uses manipulative tactics that can result in penalties and harm your website’s reputation.
SEO is never “finished”, and it may take time to see significant results. It’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest SEO trends and best practices to maintain and improve your website’s search engine ranking. Additionally, SEO is not a one-size-fits-all solution, as strategies may vary depending on your industry, competition, and target audience.
What Is WordPress?
WordPress is a popular and widely used content management system (CMS) and blogging platform, but can be used to build a complete website. It’s a software application that allows users to create, manage, and publish digital content, including websites, blogs, and online stores, without the need for extensive coding or technical expertise. Some of the great features and aspects of WordPress include:
- User-Friendly InterfaceWordPress offers an intuitive, user-friendly interface that makes it accessible to people with various levels of technical expertise. You can create and edit content through a visual editor, similar to using a word processor
- Themes: WordPress provides a wide range of pre-designed templates called “themes.” Users can choose a theme that suits their website’s purpose and customize it to match their branding and design preferences.
- Plugins: WordPress has a vast ecosystem of plugins, which are add-on modules that extend its functionality. Plugins can add features like SEO optimization, e-commerce capabilities, social media integration, contact forms, and much more.
- Content Management: WordPress excels as a content management system. It allows users to organize their content with categories and tags, schedule posts, and manage media like images and videos.
- Blogging: Originally designed as a blogging platform, WordPress remains a powerful tool for bloggers. It includes features like comments, RSS feeds, and the ability to manage blog posts effectively.
- Customization: WordPress is highly customizable. Users can create custom page templates, add custom code, and modify the CSS to achieve the desired look and functionality for their websites.
- SEO-Friendly: WordPress is known for its SEO (Search Engine Optimization) capabilities. It provides tools and plugins to optimize your content for search engines, helping your website rank higher in search results.
- Community and Support: WordPress has a large and active user community, which means there are plenty of resources, tutorials, forums, and plugins available for assistance and troubleshooting.
- Open Source: WordPress is an open-source platform, which means it’s free to use and can be modified and distributed by anyone. This open nature has contributed to its widespread adoption and continuous development.
- WordPress.com: This is a hosted platform where you can create a website using WordPress for free or with various paid plans. It’s an excellent choice for beginners who want a hassle-free setup.
- WordPress.org: Also known as self-hosted WordPress, this version allows you to download the WordPress software and install it on your own web hosting server. This provides more control and flexibility but requires more technical knowledge for setup and maintenance.
Whether you’re a blogger, small business owner, or large enterprise, WordPress offers a versatile and scalable platform for creating and managing websites and online content. This is why we choose wordpress as our main tool in website creation and encourage you to have wordpress training in order to have the best experience with your site.